Chilblains, also known as pernio or perniosis, are a common condition that occurs when the skin becomes inflamed due to exposure to cold temperatures. They primarily affect the extremities, such as the toes, fingers, ears, and nose. Chilblains can cause redness, itching, swelling and a painful or burning sensation.
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine that works on the principle of "like cures like." It uses highly diluted substances to stimulate the body's own healing mechanisms. Homeopathic remedies can be effective in addressing anxiety by addressing the underlying causes and promoting overall wellbeing.
Here are seven commonly used homeopathic remedies for chilblains:
This is recommended for chilblains that are intensely itchy and swollen and feel worse with warmth. It can help alleviate itching, reduce redness and promote healing.
Beneficial for chilblains with open sores or cracks. It has antiseptic properties and can aid in preventing infection and promote healing of the affected skin. Read more...
Suitable for chilblains that are swollen, itchy and have a bluish or reddish appearance. It is often used for individuals who experience shifting symptoms and feel better with cool applications. Read more...
This remedy is indicated for chilblains with deep cracks, bleeding and severe itching. It can help moisturize the skin, reduce inflammation and promote healing.
Recommended for chilblains that are slow to heal, have a tendency to suppurate or form abscesses and are worsened by cold air exposure. It helps support the body's natural healing processes. Read more...
Useful for chilblains that feel cold to the touch and are relieved by cold applications. It can help reduce swelling, itching and inflammation. Read more...
A remedy indicated for chilblains that are itchy, burning and worsened by warmth. It can help alleviate itching, reduce redness and promote healing. Read more...
Natural ways to help chilblains heal:
1. Warmth and protection: Keep the affected areas warm and protect them from further cold exposure. Wear warm socks, gloves or earmuffs to prevent chilblains from worsening.
2. Elevation: Elevate the affected extremities to reduce swelling and improve circulation.
3. Gentle massage: Gently massage the affected areas with a moisturizing cream or oil to improve blood flow and alleviate discomfort.
4. Calendula or Arnica cream: Apply Calendula or Arnica cream topically to soothe the skin, reduce inflammation and promote healing.
5. Avoid scratching: Resist the urge to scratch the chilblains, as it can further irritate the skin and lead to infection. Instead, gently pat or tap the area to relieve itching.
6. Warm foot baths: Soaking affected feet in a basin of warm (not hot) water can help alleviate pain and itching and promote healing. Add a few drops of Arnica or Calendula tincture to the water for additional relief.
If you need help why not contact us to arrange to speak to one of our homeopaths or complete the form below. We offer both in-person clinic appointments in Stroud or online consultations anywhere in the world.
More time to talk to a health professional
When you see a homeopath you are given the time to talk about all the symptoms you are experiencing. The first appointment usually lasts 90mins, with follow-up appointments lasting 45mins. Questions about your lifestyle, eating habits and preferences, temperament, personality, sleep patterns and medical history help the homeopath to form a complete picture of your health.
Call now to book an appointment at the Clinic.
01453 766 556
This clinic creates a beacon for homeopathy in Stroud; it brings homeopaths together; it acts as an international teaching facility for the School and it offers patients the highest quality of homeopathic treatment and care.
Mani Norland, Principal