Scalds refer to burns caused by hot liquids or steam. They can result in painful skin damage, blistering and redness. Scalds are a common type of burn injury and can vary in severity depending on the temperature and duration of exposure.
Homeopathy is a holistic system of medicine that works on the principle of "like cures like." It uses highly diluted substances to stimulate the body's own healing mechanisms. Homeopathic remedies can be effective in addressing anxiety by addressing the underlying causes and promoting overall wellbeing.
Here are seven commonly used homeopathic remedies for scalds:
1. Cantharis (Canth.)
A commonly-used remedy for scalds with intense burning pain. It is especially useful when blisters form and there is a persistent burning and smarting sensation. The person may feel restless and anxious. Read more...
2. Urtica urens (Urt.)
Recommended for scalds with a stinging and itching sensation. It can help relieve the pain, redness and swelling associated with scalds. The person may also have a history of allergies. Read more...
3. Causticum (Caust.)
Indicated for scalds that cause deep, burning pains and rawness. The skin may be red and appear blistered or cracked. The person may experience increased sensitivity to cold air.
4. Hypericum perforatum (Hyper.)
This is prescribed for scalds that involve nerve damage or areas of the body rich in nerve endings, such as fingertips or toes. It can help relieve sharp, shooting pains and promote healing. Read more...
5. Arnica montana (Arn.)
Recommended for scalds accompanied by bruising, soreness and a bruised feeling. It can help reduce pain, swelling and inflammation associated with scald injuries. Read more...
6. Calendula officinalis (Calen.)
Useful for promoting healing in scalds with broken or open skin. It has antiseptic properties and can help prevent infection and support the regeneration of healthy skin tissue. Read more...
7. Rhus toxicodendron (Rhus tox.)
A remedy prescribed for scalds with intense burning and itching sensations. The skin may appear red, swollen and blistered. The person may experience relief from warmth and gentle motion. Read more...
Other natural ways to help scalds heal:
1. Cool the affected area: Immediately run cool (not cold) water over the scalded area for about 10-20 minutes to reduce the heat and minimize tissue damage. Avoid using ice or icy water, as it may further injure the skin.
2. Apply aloe vera gel: Aloe vera has soothing and healing properties. Apply a thin layer of pure aloe vera gel to the scalded area to promote skin healing and reduce inflammation.
3. Use honey: Applying a thin layer of raw, organic honey to the scald can help soothe the burn, provide a protective barrier and support wound healing. Make sure to use high-quality, unprocessed honey.
4. Cover with a sterile dressing: Once the scalded area has cooled cover it with a clean, non-stick sterile dressing to protect it from infection and keep it moist.
5. Maintain proper hydration: Drink plenty of water and fluids to stay well-hydrated, as this supports overall skin health and aids in the healing process.
6. Avoid popping blisters: If blisters form, refrain from popping them as they act as natural protective barriers for the underlying skin and help prevent infection.
7. Seek medical attention if needed: If the scald is severe, covers a large area, or shows signs of infection (increased pain, redness, swelling, pus), it is important to seek medical attention for proper evaluation and treatment.
Remember, for severe scalds or if you are unsure about the appropriate treatment, it is crucial to consult a healthcare professional for a proper assessment and guidance.
If you need help why not contact us to arrange to speak to one of our homeopaths or complete the form below. We offer both in-person clinic appointments in Stroud or online consultations anywhere in the world.
More time to talk to a health professional
When you see a homeopath you are given the time to talk about all the symptoms you are experiencing. The first appointment usually lasts 90mins, with follow-up appointments lasting 45mins. Questions about your lifestyle, eating habits and preferences, temperament, personality, sleep patterns and medical history help the homeopath to form a complete picture of your health.
Call now to book an appointment at the Clinic.
01453 766 556
This clinic creates a beacon for homeopathy in Stroud; it brings homeopaths together; it acts as an international teaching facility for the School and it offers patients the highest quality of homeopathic treatment and care.
Mani Norland, Principal